Sunday, December 19, 2010

MAY 5, 2008

Remove May 5, 2008
It’s not THAT bad...right??
Current mood:exhausted
ok, so i'm usually an upbeat, optimistic person...Still am I'm sure, somewhere under the sleep depraived exterior...she still exists.
So, little Declan turned 3 weeks this past friday (yay). at his 2 week appointment he'd gained 2lbs. He's started to develop that double chin that babies have. Jabba the hut as I like to call him. He loves to sleep all day. did I mention sleep deprivation? Well it's all self inflicted and I don't mind admitting it. Several friends have told, urged, warned me to sleep during the day when he does. But you all know me. I don't stop moving. blame it on genetics. My grandmother was the same way. Things need to get done. Dishes won't wash themselves, especially since the Friigin dishwasher stopped working. Dogs need to be fed, floors cleaned, babies fed and changed. Oh, and there's a little detail about feeding myF'ing SELF!!! I have3 more weeks until I'm supposed to be back to work part time. THREE weeks!?? who am I kidding?! I feel like i need a year to get my shit together. But then again, I'm dying to get back to work. Oh, there was a point...I need to learn to nap whenever Declan naps right? Well, that'd be all day. he's up for a while, then naps for anywhere from one to 4 hours, then wakes up to eat. So, I go to bed relatively early, try to sleep as late as possible and do my best to not KILL the dogs when they wake me up at 7 in the morning or interrupt a perfectly good nap in the middle of the day.
Oh, and Shane's in Florida for another 4 days. I miss him terribly!!! Not just because he's my favorite person and I'm madly in love with him and I HATE being apart from him, but he's an amazing Daddy and Husband. He had been home enough to let me take Declan so I could nap when he was awake but didn't need to be attached to me.
I'm not going to go into detail about the financial side of me not working for 2 months.
But overall, it's not that bad right? I've got this amazing family that makes my heart sing louder than the songs of the crazy drug addled hamsters that run my brain
And honestly, Declan's sleep patterns will eventually even out. I'll go back to work, Shane will be home in 4 days and I'm going to put the dogs in their cages tonight in the hopes of sleeping past 7am.
so there....it's not that bad
and now, it's 10:30 at night and i'm putting myself to bed. Wish me luck on more than an hours sleep at a time. HA

No comments: